Monday, April 27, 2009

Apple's Co-Founder uses BlackBerry

Lifehacker.com had an interview with Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak lately. In answering one of the questions, he mentioned he had a iPhone and a Blackberry, but not using them for emails. Here is the details:

Lifehacker: What gadgets and software applications do you use on a day-to-day basis?

Steve Wozniak: I have such a crowded life and crowded schedule. When people send me a link with a gadget, I'll look at it and buy it if it looks interesting, but I don't have time to check out everything I'd like to.

I do have a Nixie Tube watch, which I get a lot of benefit from. The biggest benefit in my life comes from my Segway, which I use everywhere I am. If I'm going to San Antonio, for example, I'll load it in the car and just go everywhere with it. The other crucial thing is my Verizon wireless card, which I have to have because hotel Wi-Fi is just so unreliable.

... I have one MacBook Pro, with a 17-inch screen. I got into that and consciously separated myself from having 3, 4, 5 computers in my life, which just became too much. As far as the mobile devices, I've gone through all the different smartphones, all the different gadgets. For a while I was using a Razr for voice and messing with mobile devices, but now I'm traveling with an iPhone and a BlackBerry. I don't use them very much for email, though, unless I'm detained for a long, unexpected stretch. I save answering my email for when I'm going to be in front of my nice, comfortable keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment